Pop / Soul
I’m sure you have already or will be hearing this just about everywhere soon enough once the The Great Gatsby Soundtrack is released on May 10th. But till then, you can stream it here. I’m sure fans of Flo will agree with me when I say this is probably one of her best vocal performances to date. I mean, WOW. I’m sure this is how Sirens in sailor stories sounded like.
The soundtrack features an all-star lineup with artists from a vast variety of genres but all respected in their own field. We’re talking Lana Del Rey, Jack White, Gotye, Nero and even the xx. Check out samples from the rest of the soundtrack here, I think I just might be more excited about the soundtrack than the movie itself.
Here’s the tracklist in the order as played
1) “Bang Bang” – Will.i.am
2) “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)” – Fergie, Q Tip and GoonRock
3) “Young and Beautiful” – Lana Del Rey
4) “Love Is the Drug” – Bryan Ferry with the Bryan Ferry Orchestra
5) “Over the Love” – Florence and the Machine
6) “Where the Wind Blows” – Coco O. of Quadron
7) “Crazy in Love” – Emeli Sandé and the Bryan Ferry Orchestra
8) “Together” – the xx
9) “Hearts a Mess” – Gotye
10) “Love Is Blindness” – Jack White
11) “Into the Past” – Nero
12) “Kill and Run” – Sia
The soundtrack seems to aim towards bringing Fitzgerald’s timeless work into an increasingly modernized epoch. But without losing the mood of it’s extravagant parties and hedonistic characteristics iconic of its time. Being based on such a masterpiece accompanies monstrous expectations but with a soundtrack like this, there’s a chance the movie just might live up to it.
P.S. But again it might not. A certain snow white movie has proven that having a great soundtrack and having a great movie can be mutually exclusive qualities. Just sayin’